Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 52-One year down

Someone forgot to proof read their letter-"She invited dad night and the Mckays to be there along with a tiny kitten school."  
What the heck is a tiny kitten school?  I was just busting up laughing here in the cyber because I do not know what that is!  

How is it going mom and dad!  Sound like you had a great week!  Is that a picture of Shannon and Eric in the tower of terror!  grooosssss!  haha  but that is somnething that they would do!  Just like I said before the mission " just stirring up the pot" .

The zone conference went so well this week!  My companion and I taught about listening to the investigators!  We did practice and the spirit was really strong! President seemed pleased!  He gave me the opportunity to direct the conference!  I was a little nervous at the beginning but then I got used to it!  The instruction that we gave consists usually of an activity, training with "preach my gospel" and then 30 minute to practice  what we train!  

After the zone conference I went on exchanges with the assistants!  We went to the offices with President and Sister Bird!  It was great to see the other side of President Bird!  He is always joking with the missionaries como quiere but it was cool to talk to him for an hour drive in english!  He told me stories about how he lived in Loomis California and dated a girl from Auburn!   He told me how when he was a recent returned missionary he and his buddies went and played basketball with the prisioners in the Folsom Prison!  It was a funny story!  The next day President drove us back to the stake center because they had another conference! 

I had a hard day this week!  It was 5:00 and we went to see our investigators Arturro and Veronica!  When we arrive they were just hammered!  Arturro was falling over and had 20 empty beer cans pilled up!  He just gave us a devils stare and grabbed his daughter by the arm and was treating her so bad!  Their 4 little kids ran around the street as cars passed by and they had no clue that was going  on!  I was so sad!  Alcohol has destroyed there lives!  How sad it was to see 4 innocent kids subjected to the abuse of uncareful parents!  I was thrown off the rest of the day and felt sick to my stomach!  We have a lot a work to do with that family but a I have faith that the gospel will change their lives!  

I love this work even though it is so hard sometimes. 

Dad-Super Bowl- wow that is cazy!  Sounds like a great game!  I am remembering now that a year ago I was sitting in the other room with mom as you watched the super bowl because I was already set apart as a missionary!  Wow time is flying! 

Thanks so much mom and dad!  love you all so much!
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment