Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Week 97

It seems like forever ago that I had my last P-day but it is refreshing being able to relax for a moment!  Christmas has come faster then ever this year!  Transfers went really well!  It was not easy at all but I am glad that I can say that I am alive!  I love transfers because all the missionaries that go home share powerful testimonies that motivate me to keep working hard!  A lot a good friends went home.  I will miss them but at least it won't be too long!  Tell Shelby to send me pictures because it seems as if Carter is a little busy right now;) hahah just kidding Carter (solo para hacerte sentir un poco culpable).   
We had an awesome experience this week.  We were really busy in the offices so we had only worked in the area for 3 or 4 hours all week and it was already Thursday!  So we decided to get out and let our minds rest and let the stress out and work!  I really treasure the time that I have in our area.  There is nothing that I enjoy more then sharing the gospel and teaching and serving.  So on Thursday we were really hoping to have a lot of success.  We went out to do some visits with our Ward mission leader, Hno Robles.  We went to all the appointments and all 3 appointment fell through.  I was a little discouraged but then we had the impression to ask Hno Robles if he knew anyone near by that we could visit.  He told us that there was a part member family that he used to visit when he was Bishop.  We got to the house and they were there and let us come in.  It turned out that the members that lived there moved to Metroplex and I had met them in my first Area!  We taught them about baptism and they accepted a baptismal date.  Hno Robles was so happy and he felt great to get together with old friends that are ready to accept the gospel.  It was an awesome experience.  
Thanks for the Package!  It got here this time!  I did not open it...all the way.  I has having a stressful day on Wednesday and I just pulled the letter out to read it!  Thanks Mom and Dad.  Your words helped me more then you know!

I love the tree!  It is awesome!  Just like always, something different! Where did we have generations Christmas party?  was it at the Hatches?  I dont really know what bouldering is but it sounds cool! Maybe I will be able to help Alex know how to work and he can show me how to have fun with bouldering, slack lining and what ever else he does!  I am excited to come home and help around the house!  You should see our house down here!  It is really nice and we have fixed it up.  We have a small gym in the back porch with weights!  Just need to have time to use it!  

Maybe you are thinking that I forgot but I would never.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!  hope that on Monday you can have a great day!   I will be thinking about you!  I am so blessed to have such a great Dad.  You are such a great example for me.  I have a lot of weaknesses and I know that the Lord sent me a Dad that has a lot strengths in the things that I am weak to give be an example on how I should be.  I appreciate your hard work.  I respect you for your humility.  I learn from the way that you treat Mom.  I hope to be a great husband to my future wife like you are to Mom.  I am excited to come home and spend more time with you and learn how to be a better man!  
I love this talk!  look it up on LDS.ORG and you can listen to it.
Fathers and Sons: A Remarkable Relationship
I want to let you know that I trust you!    And I want you to know that I am looking forward to your advice when I get home.  But right now I want to know what I can do to have a successful last transfer?  What did you do to finish your mission strong?  What can I do to prepare to come home and keep become a better man?    
Thanks for making our relationship remarkable!  You have helped me so much!  

Love your son,
Elder Quist


No comments:

Post a Comment