Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Week 100

Family,  
I only have a few more opportunities to write home.  Every preparation day has been strengthening for me and has helped me become the person that I am becoming.  Being my last transfer I get a lot of comments from missionaries about how soon I am going home.  Thanks for the advice Mom, I needed it!  I try not to think about how soon I am going to be home but instead I try to look at it from another point of veiw, I have 3 weeks to keep developing Christlike attributes in such an amazing environment. A lot of people have asked me "Are you ready to go home yet?"  My response is "No, not yet but in three weeks I will be!"  (or at least I hope I will be) hahah;)
This has been a great week.  The Ayala Family is progressing really well.  We feel so blessed.  They tell us about how their conversion is going every time that we teach them.  Each time it is another member of the family that steps up and takes the responsablity to remind and get the family together for scripture study and prayer.  The other night it was the Father of the family.. everyone was watching tv and he stood up and turned it off and asked them if they wanted to read the book of mormon!  They sat down and read what we had invited them to ready 3 times until they could understand.  When we arrived they asked great questions especially the daughter, Cielo of 12 year.  After we taught more about the Book of Mormon and she asked "Hermanos, how am I going to know when God answers my prayer to know if the book of Mormon is true and divine?"  I love how humble and receptive Children are:)  They gave us tamales with the same pork that they cooked on Christmas eve.  They are the best...I am learning so much from them.  It stuns me to know that a family after such a short amount of time have changed so much.  It has only been 2 weeks!

We are also teaching a young woman is part of a member family.  Only her brother is member but she also has changed so much is such little time:)  A month ago we vistited her for the second time when she told us that she believed in the Santa Muerte.  She realized that she was wrong and being confused.  She has been praying and told us that she knows that God lives.  She realizes now that Christ is her only Lord and asked us a few days ago "How can I be a missionary like you one day?"  

One Monday we were doing a weekly calls to the zone leaders and the sister leaders and the sister from Andalucia,  where I was serving 1 year ago told me that the Sanchez family sent their greetings!  I asked them when the Sanchezs are going to bet sealed,  they said that they are planing on getting sealed in april.  Jonathan is going to send his papers soon...pray for him so that he can get his call to Claifornia;)  He already has citizenship in the United States becuase he was born there soooo there is a chance that he gets called there.  That was a tender mercy to hear about the Sanchezs, what a blessing it is to know that family and to know that everything is going great with them!  

Love you all,
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment