Sunday, January 10, 2016

Week 101

It is true!  Teaching families is the best!  The Ayala family is doing great this week!  They came to Church on Sunday and they were very nervous but it was one of the most spiritual sacrament meetings that I have been in.  It was fast and testimony meeting.  I was able to share my testimony for the last time in Church on my mission!  As I looked out into the congregation I felt so grateful for the members this ward.  They have taught me so much with their examples.  Some other members shared their testimonies and my testimony was strengthened!  As we were teaching Familia Ayala Sunday night as we taught the plan of Salvation, Cielo the 12 year old daughter caught on and with a smile on her face asked a question to confirm what she felt.  "Are we going to be able to see each other after this life?   The joy that I saw in her eyes as she realized that she could have an eternal family touched my heart!  I will always remember that smile.  
That was the highlight of the week!  

Yes it is a bitter sweet time for me!  This is going to be the best week of my mission!  I am excited to enjoy it till the end!  I am also very grateful and happy for the blessing and the amazing mission that I am serving!  I am looking forward to seeing you all too.  but you know me! Just like dad...I dont like big parties and lots of people;) hahah.  I dont know if I am ready for that part but we will see how it goes!  It will be good for me.  
I will send you one more email next saturday.  
Love you all!  
Elder Quist




No comments:

Post a Comment