Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 36

Mom and Dad!  Sounds like you had a great week.  I love the pictures of Alex in his soccer games.  What posision is he playing?  Have they won a game yet?  Is Josh playing for Bear rRver too?  I do missing going to the Abel farm.  Sounds like everyrthing is going well at the gym.  That is great!  Who is working the front desk?  Even you dressed up for the Anniversary party mom?  That surprises me!
This week has been really great!  Manuel finally got baptized and he is soo awesome.  He got baptized on Friday and said that he felt a little weird after and didn´t know what came next.  We had explained to him about the confirmation and the gift of the Holy Ghost and it was a great opportuntity that we had to teach him the importance of the gift of the Holy Ghost.  On friday after his baptism he said he wasn't going to be able to go to church because he had to work this Sunday.  After explaining about the Holy Spirit he seems to have all of his doubts resolved.  He skipped going to work on Sunday because he knew how important it was to be confirmed.  I hope he don´t get fired but he doesn´t really worry too much! He just trusts in the Lord and it is awesome.

 On Saturday we worked really hard and found 5 new investigators.  It felt so good.  They are all awesome. 

Some of the members here are sooo cool.  They are just amazing, funny, awesome people.  Yesterday we helped a members family move ( they could only do it Sunday).  I love serving and talking to the members.  I am gaining a great respect for their humility.  Everyday a different family feeds us and they never mention that is is hard for them to pay for the food and sometimes we think that they are better off then they are because they give us feasts.  But last night we were talking with a less active members family that feeds us a feast everytime we go and they told us that the start collecting money and food little by little so by the end of the month they can feed us.  I know that they don't eat as good so we can eat amazing...I feel bad but their testimonies grow because they say the the Lord always makes it possible for them to feed the missionaries.

Hey there is good news!  I'm famous... One day my companion and I were walking in our area with sun beating down on us and the google car passed us.  We are on google maps!  Look it up you will see my companion and I working hard.   ( it is in the street N-31 in the middle of the field.  You have to zoom in and then put the little yellow man on the street and then it will show you the street view.  See if you can find me!)

I am learning so much!  I heard a quote from Elder Holland that I loved. " God´s opportunity is man´s extremity." That is why success takes so much effort!  

My companion and I were walking in the street this week and we saw a fire fly.  I have never seen one in my life.  I didn´t know this but they only light up ever 5 seconds or so.  So we decided that we wanted to catch it and bring it to our lessons for some sort of object lesson but we didn't have a jar.  It was really dark so we could only see it when it lite up. We probably looked crazy but we started  following it as it few away.  I related it to revelation.  As we followed the fire fly it kept lighting up and as we followed the light we got closer and closer to our goal until I finaly caught it in my empty chap stick container.  I accidently  squished it and it died.  So we didn't  really reach our goal but that's not the point.  The point is we tried our best! hahah.  That's my inspirational story for the week!

Love you all.  Tell shelby that I want her to buy me some sweet scripture cases because I heard they make them in Peru from leather and they dont make them here.  

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment