Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 33

Family!  How is it going?  I will try to write more this time...

So conference was pretty great.  Elder Shakespeare who has chickenpox was with me watching the conference in English (except the talks that were in Spanish).  I loved hearing those talks in Spanish! It was so awesome because I could imagine that before my mission I would have not understood anything!  But as I listened to the talks I understood everything.  I have a love and a passion for learning new languages now!  I want to serve like 7 different missions so I can learn 7different  languages.  The truth is that it is the best way to learn a language because you rarely have to sit down and study for hours and never have to go to classes and you learn it so well.  I just need to expand my vocab and some principles that I don't understand.  Elder Shakespeare was asking me the other day "have you dominated the subjuntive tense yet"  and I said " I don't even know what the subjunctive tense is,  I just talk how it feels right and hope that it works out,  and it seems to work!"  haha.  I think that I should sit down and study a book of the Spanish principles some times but I like just practicing and reading the Book of Mormon out loud to practice my accent!  

This week has been really amazing!  Noe the convert that got baptized like 2 months ago came to my companion and I last Sunday and told us that he had a dream that he was serving  a mission and he says that when he woke up he had the strongest desire to serve a mission.  There is nothing better.  Melisa went to all 4 sessions of conference and loved it.  Gerardo is getting ordained to the Melchizedek priesthood this week!  So many miracles. 

 I am loving life (although I have soo many bug bites all over my ankles!  I don't know why but they just love my ankles.  

Some of the little kids in the streets love to yell bad words at me in English because that is the only thing that they know.  And some other kids just want to learn English so I teach them gospel words.  

I have 7 months in this area.  I want to stay because Manuel is going to be baptized the next transfer!  

Well that is all the time I have... Sorry! I never take picture!  I will take more!

Alex keep being awesome.  Practice hard in soccer.  You are going to try out for the basketball time right?

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment