Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 35

Hahah Alex!  That sounds like a great story about Alex's reaction to his surprise party and a perfect relflection of how a Quist would react. That makes me remember something that all my basketball friends would joke about.  One time freshmen year we were playing a pre season game and I was playing pointgaurd, Travis passed the ball into me and I wasn't aware of how much time was on the clock and then the bench started yelling at me to look up and there was 3 seconds left and I pulled up from half court and it went in.  I acted like nothing happened I guess!  and my team went crazy..hah

You all sound great! Alex!  You have guts.  I could never play goalie.  You're awesome.  Keep up the practice.  You never answered me.. are you going to play basketball.  Who are you friends now?  Besides Cam and Michael? hah.

This week has been a like bit harder but it was still really great!  We had a few days that we only taught one lesson and didn't find new investigators.  But at the end of the week we found an amazing part member  family.  Alejandro the dad is so cool.  He is less active but wants his two kids and his wife to get baptized.  They couldn't go to church yesterday because they went to visit grandma but I hope that they will progress.  I'll keep you updated on them!  Maybe I can ask president for another transfer here to be able to stay for the baptism;)  That will be right after the next transfer. hahah.  

Yesterday Manuel had his baptismal interview with the zone leader.  He is so ready for his baptism.  I don't think that I have seen someone change their life so drastically  ever!  He is so humble, it is amazing.  He fasted 3 times last week and is seeing miracles.  He paid his tithing to the bishop this Sunday and is just so ready to do whatever the Lord wants him to.  He is so good to us!  He buys us a peach soda everytime that we come over.  On Wednesday it was his birthday so my companion and I went looking for a cake.  We found it in the market and went to his house to celebrate.  He seemed a little sad when we got there because his kids forgot his birthday!  And he lives alone with his mom but he knows that these are just trials.  We had a good short visit and I think it helped him alot.  During his interview he had to leave crying again because the spirit was so strong.  I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything, not even lemon yogurt pancakes! but maybe Greg's home made cookies;) hahh

Oh there is this street N-13.. it is haunted!  It is scary.  We try to stay away but sometimes we have to go.  First there is a member were we went to eat and after eating we were going to share a message and then the sister started telling us that she is scared at nights in her house.  She said that there is a 5 year old kid that sits on her couch at night and then goes running around and disappears.  Then sometimes she is sleeping and the kids comes to the door and says mama.  Yeah... it is scary but we asked her if she had dedicated her house and she said no so we dedicated the house.  I hope that it helps.  The other thing is that there is a devil dog in that street.  I sent a picture... but yeah I don't like that street.

I feel like I know everyone in the area. We contacted a guy and he told us that he lived in N-17 402 and then I asked him if he was family with Carlos and Brenda and he said no. why?  I said - because Carlos and Brenda live in that house.  He got mad that I caught him in his lie and stromed off...I guess it saved us time. 

Well that's all.  I love the mission.  It is hard.. and I am learing paciencia and charity.  

Love Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment