Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 28

Wow that letter from Micheal Merrill was awesome!  He is such a great example!

This week has been such a good week!  We are getting a new pair of missionaries in our ward.  It is going to be great! They come tomorrow!  I hope another white missionary will come so that I am not alone not understanding the Mexican jokes that they make...I am learning little by little!  We are having lot a sucess with a few of our investigators.  It is great to see the progress in them and see how they are changing their lives!  We had another training meeting on Saturday in the offices and we have to go back to the offices tomorrow to pick up the new missionaries, so a lot of traveling!  But nothing compared to what Shelby is doing!  I could go to and from the offices 20 times in the time she takes to go there and back once!  

Good story- On Saturday we had lessons planned and then alot of them fell through so we called our progressing investigator Manuel who is going to be baptized in 2 weeks!  He picked up the phone and said yeah come on over.  So we quickly went to his hermanador (don't know how to say in English) Hermano Cerda so he could come with us to the lesson!  We got to Hermano Cerdas house and it started pouring!  It rains so hard and so suddenly here!  So we waited 10 minute and the rain stopped. and we thought that it was all clear to go to the lesson, but then we started walking and realized that the streets were still rivers even though it had completely stopped raining!  For the next 30 minutes we went on an adventure with Hermano Cerda the old first counselor in the stake presidency.  What should have been a 5 minute walk turned into a 30 maze to find what streets were not rivers and what speed bumps we could use as bridges to the other side!  It was pretty awesome!  We used rocks as stepping stones to cross some of the rivers!  We finally got to the lesson and it was literally the best lesson that I have ever been in on my misison!  Wow that was a great day!

I think you all are going to look at me weird when I get back because I am starting to adopt some Mexican habits that are gross...like pizza with alot ketchup.  Yeah it actually is good.  Or maybe I just think that it is good!  haha

That is so crazy that you are going to get carter. It went by so fast!  It seems like just yesterday that I said goodbye to him!  and now the time is going by even faster that I am on the mission!  Tell carter I say hi!  I cant believe he is home!  Is Gracie just so happy!?
Abby is soo cute!  She is getting so big!  I miss hanging out with you and the McCay family.  I loved Abby's video, she is going to be a good panio player!   

Well I am just loving it here in Mexico and loving every one of the experiences that I am having!  I feel so blessed!  I love you all so much! Tell Carter to write me now that he is home!  

Love you mom and dad so much!

Elder Quist.   

No comments:

Post a Comment