Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 8

Mom you are so awesome!  Thank you so much for that quote!  I am going to try to do this for sure!  Just what I needed to here!  Conference was awesome!  We listened to all the sessions in English except for the first one with my two favorite speakers!  hahah. Holland and  Eyring!  I was so uplifted by this conference and I learned so much that I need to put into practice. As I was watching conference looking into the congregation thinking of the amazing time I have had in that building!  Conference weekends are literally the best memories of my life!  What could be better then spending time with family and cousins, eating good food and listening to the word of God through the prophets.  
I witness so many miracles every day!  Not huge miracles but miracles do not need to be huge to be amazing and inspiring!  The Lord works in small ways to bring to pass great works.  Just one example is this week I needed to use the bathroom bad while we were tracting     and my companion and I decided to go down a street to find a bathroom.  We found a members house and I went and then we came out of the house and started walking down the street to our next appointment.  Then we saw a man look at us at start calling for us! He said " I have been looking for a church and I want to come to yours"  His name is Luis!  he got deported from the states and lives here now, but yeah he actually said that in English which suprised me!  It is amazing how the Lord works in small ways to bring the gospel to his children!  I see the hand of the Lord in missionary work every hour that I am working and I couldn't  ask for a greater blessing because it brings me so much joy and so much closer to the Lord!  I want to share so much with you all but things keep coming up on pday. But I promise next pday I will write alot more!  send picture and share details.  My compañero se llama elder Astacio!  He is a very good trainer and I know that I am learning more with him then I could with any other companion!  The Lord is watching out for me don't worry!  I have crazy watch tan lines already!  It is awesome!  I love the picture of grandma and grandpa in the mtc because I was literally standing there 3 weeks ago!  I feel so far but so close to everyone!  

Oh by the way, Spanish is up and down! Some days I feel like a master(when I say master I mean I can kind of talk okay spanish..hahah)  and other days I feel terrible, but it is all good! It will come!  Oh and keep sending me great qoutes! and maybe a paper with a bunch of Elder Holland qoutes on it.  But I don't know, only if you have time!  Also I dont know if there is a way to send me the general conference talks so I can listen to them!  I love listening to the conference talks in English at night in mi casa!  

We walk everywhere besides church.  I think we walk 10 miles a day or more but I am going to check tomorrow with my ipod!  I miss basketball and I will for sure watch the Uconn game tonight!hahahah just kidding!  Tell Alex and Cameron I love them and of course Abby!  
I love you all I promise I will write more next week!

This is our street!  Don't get the wrong impression- our house is not as nice as these ones! hahah-  these are the nicest! 


No comments:

Post a Comment