Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week10

I love hearing the stories about San Diego!  Sounds like so much fun and I especially like to hear that Abby is such a good girl!  Is that alex skating?  And whos back is that?  You all look sooooo white!  It is funny!  I mean I guess I am the same color under my white shirt but my arms and face are way tan!  It is going to be great going back to byui with this tan...if I don't lose it in the 2 months before school!  
Alright so I don't think I have told you where I live yet!  I live in Apodaca which I think is north of Monterrey but really I don't  know which direction it is right now!  There are so many people here and people live so close together!  There is usually 10 people that live is a tiny house and the houses literally have no space in between them.  The best part is that everyone is always outside on their porches so we can talk to them.  Oh and there is always a soccer game happening in the middle of the street with about 15 kids playing!  It is dangerous but everyone is more aware here and more capable of not getting hit by cars...except one guy...We were walking by this one street and looked down the street and saw this big ford truck nail a 60 year old man!  He got ran over by the tires and all!  It was hard to watch! The people got out and helped him up and he walked away!!!!!! I have no idea how he wasn't seriously hurt!  It was a miracle!  We wanted to help but he was just fine so he didn't  need our help.  
It made me nervous about cars because there are not any cross walk here! We just cross the street when there is a gap in car, but don't worry mom I am being careful! And the Lord is always watching out for his missionaries!  
SO last night we had a lesson with our investigators Rymundo y Diana!  They are a great family!  We have only taught them once before last night.  So last night we went to teach them for the second time and Rymundo shared with us that 4 times this week people---friends, coworkers ect.---had given him advice to seek to come closer to God through prayer and by asking God what to do because he has been struggling and needing help!  He was talking to his wife about this when we knocked on the door last night.  I know the Lord was preparing him all week to hear our lesson last night.  It is amazing how the Lord works to help others come unto Him!  

So on Friday we went to a members house to get the food for the day because they weren't going to be in their house during dinner time- so we took it to go!  We got back to our house and opened the food and it was this nasty meat cake!  I ate it because I have learn to just eat and not think..hahah....So we ate it at about 12:00 and went to work for the day.  At about 4 oclock I started feeling bad but wanted to keep working so we kept working until 5 when I started to feel like I needed to throw up. So we headed home so I could lay down for a bit!  On the way home I threw up on the side of the road..luckly no one saw.  Then we got to our house and l layed down for 10 mintures and threw up a bunch more! But after that I felt alot better and wanted to get back to work so we headed out to our next appointment and on the way there I started to feel really bad again but didnt want to give up and go home because I knew the Lord needed us to teach this family that night so we got to the house and right when I stepped in, I turned right back around and threw up in the street! haha.  Then I felt better and went in to teach!  We taught lesson 1 and I couldn't focus because I felt so bad.  Then during the closing prayer,  I stood up and went outside and threw up again! hahahahha!  Pretty crazy but worth it!  I threw up all night, but I'm all good now!  }

Don't worry about me!  I love it and it will be a good story to tell!  haha.   I have got to go now but I love you all!  
Love you
ELder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment