Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 7


WOW it has already been 2 weeks and I have so much to tell you, but so little time!  SO SAD.. hahah

Okay one story.......  It was 8:57 and we were passing by our house and about to go in when I remembered Shelby and Carter telling about the 8:59 miracle.  We had already contacted 30 people that day, but I wanted to get just one more.  So we started walking down a different street through the crazy market and I saw two women....well actually they were teanage girls, but I didn't know that at first....jajaj  but yeah we contacted them and I was like "We are missionaries ....ect..."  and I asked " Can we come by and share this message with you at your house"    And one of the girls just stared at me and did not answer....I was like WHAT?  My Spanish was so good this time!"  But then she said " I'm sorry, what did you say ? I did not catch it....YOUR EYES are so bonita".  I guess that they are not used to blue eyes here! hahah..... so that is my story about the 8:59 miracle!  Not as inspiring as Carter and Shelby, but I am sure I will have an experience like theirs another day!

SO life is good in Mexico!  It is so layed back here and easy going, except for the roads!  But it is hard being a missionary in a layed back country because most of our appointments fall through and it is rough!  But I know everything is in the hands of the Lord and He is watching out for me!  Pray to be able to see the hand of the Lord in your life everyday and you will grow to love Him more then ever.  I have come so much closer to the Lord and I am trying to focus on doing everything to please Him.

Our house is crap, but I like it as long as it is clean!  hahah..  I have been working on getting rid of the mold.  I eat nutella and peanutbetter and bannana every morning and night for breakfast and dinner and of course lots of cucumbers! hahaha.  I am learning to love the food here.  At first it was hard but now I eat sooo much at the members houses.  I don't think that I have had a meal without tortillas! 

SO the Spanish is good and coming along!  I try to speak so much in the lessons and with everyone I meet to practice, but most of the time my companion has to translate what I was trying to say...he understands my terrible spanish better then others..I say some ridiculous things some times!  One time I said that God is not an orange god!  I was trying to say God is not an angry God! haha  I love it!

It is ridiculous how nice the states are!  We have it sooooo good!  I never realized it...it is very humbling.  I wouldn't trade these difficult times for anything!  Well maybe a rootbeer but nothing else..they don't have rootbeer here and it is sad.  

This gospel is amazing and I am so greatful for every blessing in my life  especially my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that He lives.  He can help us with every problem we have.  He is my brother and I love him.  I can't believe how much I don't know about this gospel and I am loving learning more every day.  

Missionary work will not move forward without charity!  Pray for charity every day because it is a gift that GOd will give us.  We can not have the spirit with us if we do not love the people we teach!  If nothing else I am learning to have charity.  

I thought MTC life was hard! But really that is the life!  Also life in the field is the life!  but alot harder life.  

I went to the doctor because of an ingrown toenail today!  He squeezed 3 shots into me toes and my toes tripled in size.  It was hard to watch and then he ripped out half mynail!  But it is all good now.  It just hurt to walk and that is a little bit of a problem because we walk many miles a day! But it is all good "missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience!"  

I am so happy here because I am doing the work of the Lord.  

ELder Quist

PS it is beautiful here from afar but not up close!  like shelby said!


No comments:

Post a Comment