Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Week 9

I loved the video of the camp fire! All of those people are some my favorite people! They are so cool! Tell them I miss them and wish that I could be there surfing with them!  
UUUUUUUCON!!!  That is so sweet!  I am sad that I missed it!  Maybe you can keep all the recordings of the championship games for all sports on DVR for me to watch later! hahah!  How did Jabari do this season!  I loved how President Monson talked about him in his talk!  Let me know when the draft happens!

Yeah it is all futbol aqui! There are 2 team here in Monterrey and people go crazy over them... at least 50 percent of the people that we contact in the streets are wearing one of these two jerseys!  And we have an investigator that has a baptismal date but all our inverstigators need 5 times at the church to be baptized and he only has 2 because he is addicted to watching futbol on Sundays!  hahah!  It is ridiculous!  And there is not a guide on how to help someone overcome this addiction in the addiction recovery program of the church..hahah!  Well I guess the same principles apply.  We have 9 people with baptism days for the 31 of may and it is hard becasue when I arived there was only 1!  There are so many great families here and I feel the responsiblity that I have here!  There is so much put on the shoulders of the missionaries! I did not expect this much but it is awesome to know that we are not working alone! The Lord is working side by side with us!  WE have 2 investigator families coming to a members house tonight to have a noche de hogar--family home evening---and my companion and I are going to teach the restoration and we made an awesome game ofjeopardy to go along with it!  It is going to be sweet!  I'm excited!  The hardest thing with our investigators is getting them to go to church because our church building is being restored and we are going to the west mission every Sunday to church and it is hard for the menos activos and investigators to come because taxis cost alot.  Only rich people have cars here.  But once our church building is restored here we are going to have alot more success getting investigators to attend!  All of our investigators are within 15 min walking distance of this building!  And the one that we go to now is a 15 drive!  

I feel so blessed to be here in Mexico, in this ward with my companion! I am learning so much and being humbled every day!  I have a testimony that my Savior lives!  The atonement of Jesus Christ is real!  It happen and through it we can become perfected!  I have felt the love of the Lord for me so much this week!  Imagine the kind of love our Father has for us that He was willing to send his son Jesus Christ-- the person who did not have to experience the hardship of life, pain, sin, guilt, weakness, shame, rejection-- to suffer all these things for everyone of us.  I can not imagine how incredibly hard this must have been for Heavenly Father to see his only perfect son go through the indescribable pain of the atonement but I know that this is a testimony of the immense love God has for everyone of his children!  I am so very grateful to be able to feel of this love whenever I partake of the blessings of the atonement!  
I know my Savior lives!

ELder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment