Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Week 57

Well this week has been so amazing!  I will tell you a story!

This week I have been able to see a strengthening in my testimony of the power of prayer and how the Lord always has His hand in the work.  Truthfully this time that I have had here in Andalucia 1.2 has been great because I have been able to give it my all and strive to do the Lord's will always, but I have not seen one person progress and be able to be baptized in my 4 months here.  On Tuesday I was in exchanges with Elder Jimenez.  He is a great missionary, by the way.  He sacrificed so much before his mission to get ready and become a missionary according to Preach My Gospel.  One of our awesome investigators, Benito Cortez, called us at 4:00 and told us that he was not going to be able to go to Church any more and get baptized because his hours changed at work.  In that moment I felt very sad for him and discouraged.  Elder Jimenez patted me on the back and said "Don't you worry  Elder Quist,  things will get better right now".  I am sure he was praying for me at that moment and oh how the Lord answered his prayer and the prayer that I had in my heart.  Less then 30 seconds after hanging up the call we knocked on the door of the next appointment of a some people that we had talked to 2 days before.  We entered their house and everyone in the family stopped everything they where doing to sit down and talk with us.  As we started talking the Brother told us how long he had been waiting to talk to us.  He told us that he knew a member named Pablo, that had invited him to listen to us but they had never gotten around to send there direction to us.  He told us that the member that they knew worked with his son in San Nicolas.  When he told me that, there sparked a hope in my heart that it was the Pablo that I knew from my first area Metroplex.  I asked the new investigator what he did for work and he said that the Pablo he knew had a shop selling speakers.  At that moment I knew that it was the same Pablo that I know.  Pablo was the a new member from a different ward that gave me a reference of his then ex-girlfriend Melisa in Metroplex (we ended up baptizing her last September).  I couldn't believe that it could be true. And then to top it off the new investigator told me that Pablo had just got married to Melisa and they are planning on getting married in the temple.  I had not had contact with Melisa so I can not explain the joy I felt to find that out.  The Lord answers prayers.  This new family that we found came to church on Sunday and have a baptismal date for the 7 of April.  We are very excited for them. Nombreeee!   I can't even believe it!  It was just such an amzing feeling to know that the Lord wants me here!    I can't even express to you how happy I am to know that Pablo and Melisa are married!  You know that family that a missionary hopes to find on their mission!  Well this family is them!

Other quick story!  It was night on Tuesday  and we were walking the in the street and the Garcia family were passing in their car.  They stopped and told us that they needed us to come to their house because they were just coming from the hospital because their son Robby was sick!  They said that it was a miracle that they found us in the street because their phones did not have battery!  They were headed home to charge their phone and were praying that they would somehow find us on their way home,so we could get there faster to give a blessing!  We gave him a preisthood blesing and the next day Robby was 100% better!  The power of the priesthood and prayer are real!  

Love you family!   Good luck Alex!  Hope it went great!  

Love you mom and dad!

Elder Quist 

No comments:

Post a Comment