Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 88

Mom and Dad,  
I really loved conference too and my ponderizing scripture last week was Timothy 4:12 because that is the one that the prophet shared, and I am not sure what my new one is going to be.  
So just to answer you question really quick, I am going to come home 20th of January but I do not know what time yet.    Yeah I have thought a little about how I am going to miss the whole semester and honestly there is a reason why.  I think that I am going to just wait and not go until spring.  I don't think that I am going to sign up for an online class but I will think about it.  I was just planning on coming home and working and serving and being with the family for a few months.  I think that will give me a good preparation for college.  
That is awesome for Alex about his birthday!  He must be really happy.  You are a great mom!  He and I are so lucky.  When I was reading your email I thought " WOW I am suprised that Mom didn't say, ´my little baby just turned 16, what am I going to do´"  But then I remember that your little baby has 15 years before she turns 16 so you and dad have a lot of time left!  I am sure that makes you feel happy and young like you are!  

This week has been great.  We have found a lot a new families. We are working with some amazing members lately.  There are 2 members that are helping especially.  One is Hno Robles, he is our ward mission leader!  He is an experienced, humble priesthood holder and has a lot of experience in life also.  We also have been working with a recent convert named Estefania.  I don't know if I told you the story with her but about 6 months ago I was in intercambios with Elder Fry, who was in this area before me.  Well we got an impression to knock a door and a 25 year old guy came out and said that he was about to eat dinner that he had prepared with his fiance.  So we asked him if we could come in and say a prayer for their food.  They were really kind and said that we could come back later.  I went back to by area and then heard nothing about them for 4 months until I talked to Elder Aguila who asked me if I remembered them because the guy´s sister got baptized.  She is Estefania.  Both of her parents passed away in the last 5 years.  She has so much faith!  She is the most converted recent convert that I have met in my mission!  Yeah, so when I came to this area I was really happy to see that through small and simple things great things come to pass.  So last night in exchanges we went and worked with Hno Robles and Estefania and the lessons were sooo powerful!  It was great because we had the experience and trust of hno Robles and the excitement and powerful testimony of the recent convert.  My companion and I felt like we were a powerful team.  We found a new family of 5 to teach last night because we follow an impression of the spirit to go to the house of an old contact we had!  The Mother of the Family broke down cry because she felt like we were sent from God to visit them.  They had been passing through hard times and need the gospel.  The love that I feel for the Families makes everything worth it!
I love you family!  
Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment