Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 86

Hey Family,
Well here I am again.  It was great to read your letters again!  It always makes me happy to hear about all the great things that are happening back to home.  Especially Quinn going on a mission!  That is sick! You are right, he is going to be great missionary.  Good luck to the McCay family, because it is hard to let such a good kid go! hahha but don't get too sad when he goes.  
So this week I have been feeling very blessed!  We had 2 zone conferences this week and things are going really smooth.  It is nice being able to teach the same subject every time because we have been able to get the kinks out  and focus on what the spirit want us to change each time according to the missionaries needs.  So I don't know if I told you yet (I think I did)  but in my last area, valle hermoso,  the three investigators that were progressing got baptized within the next couple weeks.  Brandon, the 20 year old young that had aspergers,  he is now preparing to get the priesthood and progressing significantly.  Diana, the super chosen investigator that is the sister of another recent convert. And Jasmine,  a reference from a member that lived in the same street.  When Elder Fife went home I got to talk to him for a bit of time and he told me all about how everything went because I wasn't able to got back to see the baptismal services.  He said that everything was amazing.  I also recently talked to the sister missionaries in valle hermoso and they told me that Diana and Jasmine have been going out to do visits with them!  They did divisions the other day.  That made me so happy.  Diana said that she wants to serve a mission!  She is only 26 and I think that's still in the age range for sister missionaries!  That is such a miracle.  Moments when I hear about the progress that convert are still having that I have been able to be part of their conversion process, makes me so happy!  I recongize whose work this is.  He is all powerful and how grateful I am to be an instrument in His hands! #bestday.  Oh and and by the way Jonathan from the Family Sanchez is going to serve a mission!  He is an American citizen because he was born over there, so it is very probable that he gets called to a state side mission!  That would be sick so that he can learn English!  

But as for the investigators that we have right now, everything is going great!  We are teaching about 5 people that have a lot of potential to get baptized. 3 of them are members references, and the other 2 are contacts.  

One of the member references   His name is Roberto Quiñones.  He as been going to church on and off with his girlfriend who is a member with 2 kids (she got divorced).  He is about 30 years old and has never been married but they are soon going to get married. He seems like a very shy person but we have been trying to get him to open up to us by sharing our personal experiences with him and letting him express what he is feeling.  We have been able to tell recently that he was not totally open with us.  So a few days ago when we were talking about how he was feeling with his relationship with his Heavenly Father he told us that he felt good but confused.  We asked him why.  Though it was hard for him to express, he responded with another question "Elders,¿why do I feel peace and comfort when I pray sometimes and feel a huge emptiness in my soul in other times?  We asked him to explain what he thought, and he told us EVERYTHING.  In short he never felt the love and support from his parents.  Due to this, he has formed a dis-confidence in himself!  He feels like he is NEVER good enough.  As he talked about his past he broke down.  The spirit filled the room as a this child of God, bore the most deep feeling from his soul as a sacrifice surely worthy to the Lord of his repent soul. Many tears were shed.  He told us that never in his life had he felt full or good enough.  I tried to relate to him because I have felt some of the those same feelings but that is not good enough.  We bore our testimonies of the power of the atonement.  It is what filled me, and I know that it is going to fill that empty space in his soul.  The Power of the spirit is un-real.  
I am so grateful for the mission because it really allows me to keep my baptismal convent "to mourn with those that mourn,  to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort."  There is nothing more satisfying.  

I love you some much Family!  Have another great week!  
Love Elder Quist fbd

No comments:

Post a Comment