Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 48

Mom, Dad and family,

So I'll start with the story from last week.  So almost everyday we go to eat in a colonia that is 45 minutes walking from our area because that is where all of the members live!  The colonia is pretty big and it as gated!  You could say that is like Lake of the Pines.  When I got to this area I just followed the elders that knew how to get to the members houses and every day we would cross the same patch of jungle weeds to get in the colonia faster and so that we did not have to go to the other side and go through the front gate! It saved us 20 or 30 minutes of walking!  We did that everyday for 2 months and I just thought that is was normal.  But on last Tuesday we went to eat at a members house and on our way back we were going to pass through the jungle part to leave the colonia and go back home.  It was raining and the grass was drenched!  We started walking really strange to keep the water from getting in our shoes. So we were 6 missionaries, you could say galloping  through the grass, when we saw a police truck in the distance getting closer.  We looked back and they were watching us, but my companion just said " keep walking and act like you don't notice them!"  So we did and then 20 seconds later I look back and I see 2, 200 pound mexican police men sprinting toward us with a beating stick and a machine gun.  We all turned around and walked calmly towards them and they told us to get in the bed of the truck and we had to give them our IDs. We did and got in the police truck as they checked them!  They asked us a lot of questions and planched us hard core!  It was pretty sick and I was almost laughing,  I don't know why, but I thought it was funny, until I thought about having to explain to president how we got in the jail and then I got serious. We somehow talked out way out of it!  They said they would let us free but the planched us so we would not cross the field again.  I guess the robbers cross that field because there is a path and then the people in the colonia get robbed.  I felt pretty bad and even worse knowing that we are supposed to be representing  Jesus Christ and surely that we not a good image to be 6  missionaries in a police car!  They drove us to the front gate and we hid our name tags and our faces so people could not recognizes us and then they let us go!  That was a humbling experience! I realized that I need to represent the Lord better and obey the laws better.  Really I felt terrible, but the good thing is that nothing to bad happened.  So that is my story.  Don't worry mom, I am good.

Life is great!  We had 9 investigators in sacrament  meeting on Sunday!  It felt so good!  The Lord is working miracles in the families!  

Benito Cortez read to 1 nefi 14 in the first night we gave him the Book of Momron!  He is amazing!  and he changed his schedule so he can go to chruch!  Life is good. The spirit has been touching my heart so often and He is changing my life and the lives of other people too.  I love the mission!  


I got the packaged finally!  Thanks you so much it was awesome. 

Thanks so much

Love you so much 

ELder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment