Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 45

Family and Friends, 
Merry Christmas from Mexico where the Christmas tradition is to drink beer and eat tamales!  I was only able to participate in one of those two traditions and it was really relaxing.  There is nothing better then a veracruzano hoya de plantano tamal fresh from the pot.  hahah.  

It really was a great Christmas!  And actually I didn't eat tamales on Christmas day.  Just the 7 days leading up to Christmas and that was enough.  Like I told you on Thursday, we had a pretty chill Christmas.  We woke up and I made a delicious breakfast for my companion,  microwave oatmel!  Then we studied and did weekly planning for 5 and a half hours. We walked the members house that we thought we were having dinner with and then found out that it wasn't them. So we had to walk the whole 35 min back but it was worth it.  We had smoked ham, mashed potatoes and spagetti.  It was great!  Then we went to talk on skype and that was pretty sweet!  The most impressing things was how much everyone seems to have grown up!  Alex andBbrayden and Carter more then anyone else.  

The thing that I have been coming to realize is that he mission teaches me exactly what the Lord wants me to learn in the moment that the Lord wants me to learn something! And there is nothing better then being able to see how the Lord makes it possible for me to put the things that I am learning in practice during the Day.  

A new year!  I never thought that I would live to see the year 2015 but here we are!(hope I did not say that too soon, there is still 2 days!)  Just kidding mom!  It is really safe here!  I live in a guarded community!  and it is not a guarded community to keep people out.  hahah.  It almost gets as crazy as Lake of the Pines here...but quite. Because the LOP Possy isnt here.  But there is a gang of 12 year old kids called the Fogossos.  I don't know if that is a bad word in spanish so don't repeat it.

I watched the video "Thanks to Him"  this week.  Thanks to Him we all have new beginnings.  Thanks to Him, there is no such thing as endings.  Thanks to Him we all can have a fresh page,  a blank slate,  Thanks to Him we can forgive and be forgiven.  Thanks to Him my weakness will not always be weaknesses.  More then anything in this amazing year I have learned that EVERYTHING is THANKS TO HIM.  
 
Love ELDer Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment