Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 26

This week has been a great week for my companion and I.  The misison life is very very hard!  Yesterday was a really hard day!  We did not teach one lesson to an investigator!  That is the first day in my mission that we did not teach a single lesson and it felt terrible! It is not because I think that the number of lessons I teach is the amount of success that I have, but more that I think that I know that lessons are necessary to bless peoples lives!   It made me reflect alot!  I asked myself if it was because I was not working hard enough or not dedicated enough.  I can say with peace in my heart that that is not the reason.  I dont think there has been a minute on my mission that I haven't been trying my very hardest (that isn't  to say that I haven't made thousands of mistakes because I have but I am trying my best). Mom that's funny that you sent that talk because I was actually listening to that same talk by Elder Bednar this morning (by the way I GOT THE PACKAGE!!!!!!) and the scripture in Mathew 11:29-30 really impressed me!  I know that the Lord is making up for my mistakes! A yoke is the perfect example of how the atonement of Jesus Christ works!  He pulls the load that we can not pull because of our many weakness!  I know that I need to learn to rely on the Lord for my strength even more.

This week I was studying in John 17:3  that says "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. "

All we have to do to receive eternal life is know our Heavenly Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!  There are 4 footnotes in the english scripture for the word"know"  

Look them up!  and study it!  They are the 4 requirements to know God!  Study it and I'll tell you next week what I think they are!

Dad-  I am doing good with the Spanish!  I feel like I can talk about everything I need to pretty much, but a couple times per day I'll have to ask my companion how to say something!

Love you all!  I am so happy and everything is great

Love Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment