Thursday, June 5, 2014

Week 15

You always say that your week is pretty boring back at home!  haha I don't know if that is to make me feel better that I am miss anything at home!  It sounds pretty crazy to me!  Someone hit the gym with their car!  Alex has hives and ............!  I don't  know what more you could ask for to have an unboring week!:)  Oh maybe that Cameron was walking aound with his shirt off at church!  hahah!  And to add to all of that -you have a baby!  Abby looks so cute and I can believe I have a sister every week I see the pictures!  
This week has been really goood!  The chapel actually hasn't opened yet!  It keeps getting delayed for some reason, so we can't have lessons there yet!  But we are having church services there even though it is not finished!  hahah.   

I feel so blessed to be here in Metroplex!  The work is hastening here in our ward and we are seeing the Lords hand in everything!  

I am going to tell you about an investagtor named Eulalio.  He has 40 years and he so cool!  We have been teaching him for the whole time I have been on my mission!  He is the husband of a lady who is an active member of the church!  She served a mission and then married Eulalio who isn't a member!  All her kids are member,s just not her husband! Guess how long Eulalio has been listening to the missionaries?  2 years?  5 years?  11 year? or 13 years?   13 YEARS!!!!!!    He has literally been listening to the missionaries for 13 year!  He has never been able to progress and be baptized!  I bet he probably has 10 different registers of teaching in our area book! hahah   Well he is going to be baptized in 13 days!  I can't express how grateful I am to be put in this area at this time that the Lord has prepared him for baptism!  It is amazing!  The Lord really does work in his time.  This is a perfect example of why we should never give up because "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God".  The scripture doesn't say "the worth of souls is great in the sight of God "IF"  the investigators progress in the time we want them to!"  No it says the worth of souls is great in the sight of God even if it takes 13 years to bring one of the sons of God to the waters of baptism so he can have eternal exaltation!  

I was feeling pretty bad one day this week and I had no idea why...  We were just about to leave the house and I didn't want to leave feeling so down and without the spirit!  I got on my knees to pray to the Lord!  As my knees hit the floor the idea came to my mind to not ask for a single thing in my pray and to just express every bit of gratefulness that I had in my soul.  I learned a life lesson in those 15 minute!  Whenever we feel bad, all we need to do is give a prayer in which we only express our gratitude and then get to work! There is no better cure for feeling bad then to see the blessing we have in our lives and then forget about ourselves and put all our enegy in making someone elses life better!  Try it!    It was one of the best days I have had in my mission!  The Lord know us personally and loves each of his children!

Love you all family!  

ELder Quist


Hey mom can you send me the recipe for gregs cookies and say hi to Greg  for me!

Dad -  Yeah it is so hot at night!  but we actually have an air conditioner! hahah.....yeah we are spoilled!  Our house is so nice!  Yeah for sure....thunder and pacers!  I hope the pacers win it all!  That is awesome that Lilon and Bryce are going to visit!  They are all coming while I'm gone!  hahah  Send me pictures of the stairs! I  want to see!  

I love thinking only in missionary work!  I am doing great and loving life down here!  We usually play soccer in an outdoor court!  They play soccer in cement more then anything so that is what we do and we play with members and whatever other people want to play.. Last week we played with some kids and this one crazy guy who was sniffing wood putty out of a bottle to get high while he was playing! hahha.  
Love you dad!  I really liked the video this week

No comments:

Post a Comment