Friday, March 28, 2014

Week 5 & 6

Family and friends!  I'm in Mexico right now and I am going to be here for 2 years! I love it so much. It is so crazy and hard and difficult and awesome and Mexico it definitely a different country!  Sorry I haven't sent a real email in like 2 weeks!  We went to the temple today so we switched our pday for this week!  So I will write on Monday in 4 days!  This week has been so awesome!  SO hard but so awesome because I am changing and growing and having new amazing experiences!  First week went well!  It was so great to get to talk to you in the airport mom, dad and alex and abby!  You are such an amazing family!  I am so blessed to have you to strengthen me!  Saturday we went to a stake center to listen to a prophet of the Lord!  ELder Quinten L Cook came to our mission on the 5th day in the field!  It was amazing!  He speaks english, so that was very conforting!  I love hearing from him!  He talked about how this is absolutely the best place for me to be!  The spirit was so strong and I know this is where I am supposed to be, even though it is a struggle!  He gave us a sneak preview about what he will be talking about during conference! hahahha It was awesome!  ELder Tad R Callister of the presidency of the Seventy came to the mission to and talk at the same meeting!  He talked about the atonement and how we can apply it in our lives!  It was so powerful and he is one of the best speakers on earth, besides Elder Holland!  HE said "What ever we are stuggling with in life, the Lord has the perfect plan for us and He knows exactly how to help us!"  The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real!  I know it and I am learning to trust  the Lord!  It is hard because the natural man is so stubborn!  I Know that Christ lives!  He is my Savior and I am coming to love him even more !

Okay so details!  Sorry I don't have much time because I want to get to work in the streets!
1.  My companion speaks little to no English.  He is from the Dominican Republic.  He is very hard working and wants to be obedient and that makes me so happy!  The first few days were hard with him becuase I didn't know that!  We drove 40 mintues to our first area in a taxi on the crazy roads of Mexico!  We got to our house and opened the door to a crappy apartment!  It was hard to see but now I am grateful for it because after being in so many humble homes I would not want to live in anything better then I live!  It is very humbling here!  The first thing my companion did was put on a goo goo dolls song in english!  My heart sank!  I thought to myself, if he is going to listen to this as the first song...oh man we are going to have problem/////don't get me wrong, I love the goo goo dolls, but not on my mission! hahahah//////  I asked him to turn it off and then I realized he thought it was a church song because he doesn't know English and he thought it was a church song! haha  He got the music from other missionaries!  

I have got to go now!  I know it must be hard for you not to hear much from me but I will write alot more on monday!  Love you so much mom and dad and alex and cameron and abby and shelba!   Peace out!   I am doing so well and loving so much of the experience!   

Love ELder Quist!


No comments:

Post a Comment