Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 84

What a blessing it is to have Abby in the family, I bet she always keeps things interesting!  wow that makes me happy to hear that you are going to pave the road.  That will be very big change when I come back.  I approve! hahah.  Say bye to Quinn for me!  He is going to be great!  This week has been an exciting week!  It is the week before transfers and we are going to be really busy until the next week and then zone conferences start next transfer so we are going to be even more busy!  
So this week we had a cool adventure 2 days ago.  On tuesday night I was finsihing exchanges with a Elder Canalizo, one of the Zone leaders.  We were in my area and we called a taxi because we had to go all the way back to their house to swtich back to our companion.  It is usually a 45 minute taxi ride.  So the taxi got there and we got on the freeway!  Everything was normal and suddenly the hood of the taxi un-clipped and smashed into the windshild.  The taxi driver slams on his breaks and weaves through the traffic to get to the slow lane. We slowly came to a stop as semi-trucks were flying by.  We could only see through a little crack where the hood wasn't  blocking our view!  So we sat there in a complete stop in the slow lane due to the fact that there was no shoulder on the freeway, just a cliff and a river down below.  We got out of the taxi and made sure that the cars coming could see us.  We tied the hood of the car down just enough that we could get to the next pull off to be able to safely call another taxi.  We got there and payed the taxi driver.  We were waiting there for a few minutes and not one of the taxis stopped.  They usually don't stop on the freeway.  We had our hand out so a fuerza civil truck(that is like a federal police car) pulled to a stop.  They rolled down the window and asked us where we were going.  They told us to get in.  My companion looked at me and said "should we do it"  I got the impression that we shouldn't say no because I didn't want to deny the police! So we get in the back seat of the police car and just sat there in silence.  A feeling of fear came over me when I remembered all the stories of the mexican police turned bad. All the worst thoughts came to my mind but I won't mention them to not scare you mom! haha.  After a few minutes of silence the police man driving said,  and what were you doing on the the side of the freeway Elders.  I breathed a sigh of relief as he told us that he was a member from a ward in the west mission!  hahah.  So he took us all the way to the house and we had a nice personalized free ride.  The best part is that as we sat there on the side of the mexican freeway I was praying that we would make it back safe and find a safe taxi, that was the same moment when the fuerza civil stopped and picked us up!  I know that it was an answer to my prayers!  Who knows what could have happened with two missionaries on the side of the freeway but the Lord protected us!
We got to the zone leaders house safe and pulled up in a sweet new ride.  My companion and the other zone leader looked out the window and saw the truck and said "oh what did we do this time?"  then they saw us get out and were shocked! hahah

I love you all so much!  I am safe now!  don't worry!  Talk to you in a couple weeks!

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment