Thursday, July 23, 2015

Week 75

Hi Family!  How are you all doing?  Sometimes I forget about life back at home and how nice the united states is but then I see Cameron and his Pictures and I get jelous;) jajaj  not really.  I am happy here!  My new area is awesome!  It is a ward called Valle Hermoso in the Paradiso stake!(dont be deceived by the names, there is nothing hermoso about this valley and it sure is not a paradise)  I think that this is the poorest area that I have been in, but I love it!  The members are great and there is a lot of work!  I think that we are going to have a few baptism this transfer!  Well what else,  my house is yellow and 2 stories if those are the details that you want! jaja.  I dont really know what details you want to hear, maybe you can come back here one day but I dont think that would be the best idea for our safety!  just kidding mom.  I am safe here! (only because I am a missionary).
We had an awesome experience this week!  We were able to find a new family!  the parents seem a little lazy but the kids were intersed.  We left them with a book of mormon on the fist visit and then when we came back they said that they had read the chapter two times!  I was very suprised and I asked them why!  The mom said that her son was learning to read and kept asking her to read with him!  I asked her why she thought that he asked her to read it if he pobably wasnt usderstanding all of it or as much as a other childrens novel!  She realized that he was feeling somethinbg different.  The book of Mormon has power!
This week I could really feel the difference in the spirit I felt as I took the sacrament!  I had the opportunity to bless the sacrament and as I was breaking the bread some images flashed into my head of Christ bleeding from every pour, getting whipped and crowned with thorns and nailed in his palms and wrists to the cross.  It opened my eyes.  I was not just handling bread anymore but the body of Christ.  As I tore each little piece off I could imagined what Christ suffered for me and then it became personal for me!  I have blessed the sacrament over a hundred times but from now on I will never break the bread without feeling something of what he felt.

love you ELder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment