Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 70

 This Tuesday we were walking to the stake center for the district meeting and we passed a friend that we have from the street.  Enrique was involved in some really bad things a few years ago, I will explain more when I get home. but we met him in the street because he always is walk around our area selling churiso.  He was trapped in his problems before he learned about Christ and became Christain but hasn't joined a church yet.  He always asks us to pray for him, but we have never been able to go to his house because he lives with his aunt and uncle and they does let us go there .  So we passed by and he asked us where we were going!  We explained that we were going to a meeting with other missionaries in the Church.  Once again he asked us to pray for him in our meeting!  We told him for sure and the thought came to my mind "Invite him to come to the district meeting"  so I did. He came in and all the missionaries gave us a strange look.  We divided into districts and we asked our district leader if we could say a prayer for Enrique.  We started the meeting with a hymn, as we are singing , I looked over at Enrique and he had his eyes closed, as tears dripped slowly down his face.  The spirit was so strong and the whole district could feel it.  It was a great experince because sometimes as missionaries and members of the Church we fall into a routine and stop feeling the spirit.  If a simple hymn can touch a random person from the streets heart, ¿why can we not feel it sometimes?  It is a lack of humility!  On this tuesday morning we were all humbled and able to feel!  Enrique chose to stay for the rest of the time.  After the meeting he approached me with a simple question that will stay with me forever.  He asked "¿how can I become a missionary like you?"  before I could respond he said the following "  Well I think the first step to to repent and be baptized!"  I re-assured him that he was right, testifying that he could change his life.  The power of a humble heart makes everything possible!  

Last night I was praying and I got a strong impression that I should ask my companion for a blessing of comfort and counsel.  I wasn't completely sure why, but I did it.  He asked me why, and what came to my mind in that moment is what I told him.  As he placed his hands on my head and began to speak, I knew why I asked for the blessing.  The Lord told me exactly what I needed to hear, although I had no idea what I needed!  The Lord spoke to me through my companion.  I learned the power of faith, priesthood and prayer.  But more specifically, I learned that sometime we are not aware that we need help, but the Lord is.  We must listen to the still small voice to follow impressions as simple as what the spirit told me to do.  

Thanks for being the best family ever!  Say hi to Nicole Green for me! 

Love you Mom and Dad.

Alex, you are the best!  you should do the summer seminary thing!  Invite the people to the house in the morning and make breakfast for them! That would be sweet!

Love Elder Quist  


No comments:

Post a Comment