Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week 42

Hello,
Well this has been a very exciting week.  I can express how inspired I am to work hard this Christmas season.  On Monday we had a great preparation day and had an awesome zone activity and we bought 12 little siezers(I dont know how the spell that) pizzas.  and played futbol.  We are going to make hot chocolate for the zone today and play futbol, if it is not raining too hard.  

On Tuesday we saw a guy unloading his groceries from his car and we helped him. We entered his house to teach.  He(eugenio) and his wife(natali) were really receptive and I got a strong impression to teach them about the Book of Mormon from the start.  They accepted to read it and pray.  The next day that we went Natali said that she read and felt like the Book of Mormon opened up her soul and she felt so full.  I am learning how to listen to the spirit better and better and it changes everything.  

On Wednesday we went on exchanges with Elder Galindo and Elder Garcia.  I went to Elder Galindo's area and let me tell you, we had quite the experience!  Elder Galindo is the elder that was in my first zone,  His dad died 3 months ago.  He is such an inspiration.  We had a pretty calm first part of the day and then it got dark.  We were walking to our next appointment and we are going to contact someone on the side of the street when out of no where a dog came running from around the corner, passed the people that we were going to contact and for no reason went crazy and bit my calf.  It scared me pretty bad..I don't remember but I bet I did a little high pitched scream, well at least the dog made a pretty weird noise when he bit me.  We quickly went to the next appointment and washed the bite really good with alcohol and taught the lesson.  After the lesson I remembered that we were supposed to call Sister Bird if anything happened, so I called her and she said that I should just wash it really good with soap and water and call the mission doctor.  Then I thought, okay cool not a big deal.  We called the doctor and he started listing off medicine and clinics and exams that I had to do the next day to see if the dog had rabies.  We then walked 25 min to the closest members house and washed it really good with hot water when we got a call from my companion saying that we should watch out for a tall blond white guy,  that was in the zone.  He is a man that has tried to harm lds missionaries in Guatamala and my companion said he was in our zone. Elder Galindo got a little scared and we were going to try to stay in the houses teaching lesson so as to not run into him but remembered that we needed to get to the pharmacy right then to buy the medicine.  So we walked another 40 minutes to the pharmacy and by that time it was 9:00 and we went home safe and sound. So everything is good with my leg and I will let you know if I start foaming from the mouth.  The next day we found out that the guy was not in our zone.  He was just in the mission, so we made a bigger deal when we didn't need to.  hahah  Everything is good. Don't worry mom.  I am safe and healthy.

Yesterday was a little hard.  We had to drop 4 investigators. Jose Alejandro is one of them.  He told us that he doesn't want us to come back because he feels so guilty when we are there because he is struggling with a mental sickness of hatred toward the man that his mom cheated on his dad with.  He says that he can't be going to church because he feels like he doesn't know what he is going to do when he sees the man and thinks he might murder him.  We were heart broken but I have faith that he is going to be forgiven and forgive that man.  We explained to him the miracle of forgiveness.  I will let you know what happens with him next week.  It was a hard day but I am ready to work even harder.

Love you,  Keep up the good work. 

ELder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment