Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 39

Mom, it is so good to hear that you made it to Peru safely.  You must be having such a good time. I can imagine the strong feelings that you are feeling this week.  Shelby is so amazing.  You must be so proud.  You are very lucky to have a daughter like her.  You know that!  So we went to the temple this morning.  You probably figured that because I did not write on monday.  It was so amazing.  I love the temple so much.  I learned so much this time and there isn't a place on earth that I have felt closer to God then in the holy temple.  I want to hear everything about you week.  I want to see pictures of Peru and you with Shelby.  and when you get back to the United States, I want to see a video of Abby and Shelby seeing each other for the first time.  I can not wait to see that.  Shelby is going to be in heaven.  I loved seeing the video of Abby climbing the stairs.  Dad, that is so awesome that you were able to stay home with Abby.  I think it would have been really hard for her to travel and more then anything, I think that Shelby is going to be able to enjoy Abby more seeing her for the first time in California.  You made the right decision.
This week has been such a good week.  It is very true dad, I have so many mixed feelings right now about transfers. First off I have no idea if I am going to be transferred or if I am going to stay and I do not know if I want to stay or go.  I can not tell you how much I love this ward.  They are amazing.  I am going to miss so many people.  I feel like I have lived here in Metroplex for my whole life.  Sometimes it is hard to remember that I lived before my mission, but actually I didn´t know what living was before my mission, serving is living.  
I love teaching the recent converts because they are so strong.  If only all members of the church could have the faith, hard work, love and humility that recent converts have.  We are teaching like 7 people that are going to be baptized in December.  4 of the 7 are thanks to recent converts.  you've got to keep up with the recent converts from Metroplex Cameron.  hahah.  How many references have you given to the misisonaries this week..if you haven´t given 10 you are not doing enough.haha Just kidding.  

We were talking to Manuel a recent convert three days ago and it is amazing the trials that he is passing through (thanks to his old actions).  He comes home from work everyday and says that he feels so lonely and has no one to talk to. So he works around the house for 2 hours and then reads the Book of Mormon for 3 hours.  That is why he is so happy when we or members go to visit him.  But his hardest trail is that his kids don't accept him anymore.  His oldest child got married last weekend and he didn´t get invited.  The worst part is that his brother and his brothers family who live next door to Manuel got invited and he didn´t... he is so sad.  But he is still so strengthed in the gospel.

Well that is all for this week.  Got to go to work.  Love you all.  Especially you Shelby.  Everyone hug her so hard for me!  
Love Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment