Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 21

Andales! Sounds like a pretty crazy week!  That is so amazing that Alex and Harely got to come so much closer!  I hope Alex had an awesome week!  Mom I just want to tell you how much I love you. I am grateful for people like you who care so much about others!  And dad I am grateful for the help that you give to mom and the example you are!  

Well this week has been a really good week! Two of our recent converts received the Aaronic priesthood and 1receive  the Holy Ghost.  We are finding new people to teach and trying to find the best way to use our time!  Last week we had zone training meeting and we learned how to find the people who are ready to change their lives!  The gospel is for everyone but I am learning that not everyone in ready for it right now!  

So my companion and I had a funny experience the other day when we were contacting!  We contacted 40 people that day and had some success finding new people.  But with one guy it was different!  We contacted this man that looked really nice but when we started talking he went off on us and told us how he was athiest and then went on to tell us why he believed there is no way that there is a God!  We just listened and then told him that if he ever wanted to hear a message of hope he could call us!  We shook his hand and said "see you later"  and he responded " May God bless you" hahahha.    Well my companion and I thought that it was pretty funny and we thought about contacting him again to ask him if he believed in God and to see if it was the same person...

We have some of the same situations that Shelby is having!  We have a family that isn't married and we just need to wait for them to get married and they are going to get baptized on August 10th.  We had 13 lessons with members this week too and had 5 investigators in sacrament meeting!  Oh and I got to eat Peruvian food last Monday!  We have a member that recently move to Mexico from Shelby's mission!  We ate typical Peruvian food "aji de gallina" for dinner and "mazamorra morada"  for desert!  When ever I have a question about Shelby's mission I ask this member.  Do you know these plates Shelby?

Love you dad! Thanks for your words of support!  I always laugh when I see that you tell me to drink more water every week!  
It really is amazing how the decisions of your parents have affected so many lives!

Love Elder Quist!

 
OH P.S.  I saw the pictures of Carters apartment!  Is that a joke!  That house is ridiculous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment