Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Week 94

Family and Friends,
So this week I am going to have a little more time to write so don't worry.  The next transfers are in 2 weeks.  Things are going smooth this transfer and I am feeling great!  It is awesome because we have been able to stay in our house a lot more because of the intercambios that we have in our area.  It is a blessing for me because we get to work in our area everyday.  And we are sleeping on our house 6 days a week.  Our house is 10 min in taxi from the mission offices and 30 minutes from the presidents house.  We don't go to the offices everyday,  we just have meetings on Monday but then we go in occasionally as needed.   President lives in the other mission, right next to the other mission Presidents house, we are actually going to eat Thanksgiving dinner in Presidents house, so that will be fun.  I am sure that it will remind me of home a lot.  My companion is really good.  He is more serious then Elder Cook but we are feeling good and we are very similar in Character.   

The other day we were able to have some amazing lessons with members.  I think that I have already told you but there are 2 members that are so great in our area. Hermano Robles and Hna Estefania.  They are like Alma and Amulek in the lessons. Remember Elisa and Elizabeth?  they are doing great and we have seen a lot of progress in them.  We had a lesson with Hermano Robles and Hna Estefania; Elizabeth started to cry.  It has been hard for her because her friends and extended family don't support her.  
Last night we were in a lesson and an investigator started to talk bad about Hno Robles. It made me really sad and to be honest it made me mad. It was the first time in my mission that I actually felt mad in a lesson.  I offended the investigator with some things that I said and right after I felt horrible and knew that I didn't listen to the spirit that told me to not say what I said.  I felt the desire to repent as quick as possible and asked forgiveness as soon as I could.  Thinking about it after it made me sad that, still, after so much time being a misisonary I could get mad.  but I am grateful for things like this because it helps be see how much I depend on the Lord and the spirit.  After getting mad I could hardly talk...there is a huge difference of teaching with the spirit, and without the spirit.  It was very obvious and I never want to let that happen again.

Well I think that is all for this week.  Thanks for everything Family.  You mean a lot to me.  Talk to you next week.  Have a good thanksgiving.  Say hi to the Quists for me.

Elder Quist  

No comments:

Post a Comment