Saturday, February 15, 2014

Week 1 of Adam's mission


 It is so good to hear from you today on my first Pday.  My Pday is on Thursday but we did not get a Pday the first week because it was our second day in the mission field.  Life is Good.  The first two days were really difficult.  Probably the hardest days of my life but I got through them.  They much English to us and I felt kind of alone because I didn't know anyone.  We basically just learned Spanish and stumbled through the first couple days.  By Sunday I started to feel really comfortable and was so happy to be here in the MTC.  I am starting to get to know my companion and my disrict really well.  They are all awesome. We don't share alot of the same interests, except for a love for the gospel, so it is great.  My companion is from Lehi Utah.
  I know that the Lord has placed me in this district with these companions for a reason.  I am so grateful for all of my blessings.  I am struggling with Spanish, but it is all good.  I am going to take the advice of Zac and not worry about the language just now.  I have already learned so much Spanish and even though it was hard the first few days. I am glad that we have a teacher who doesn't speak to us in english.  He is awesome! He served in Peru Lima east I think, so that was really cool.  On the second day I meet with the branch president and he really helped me get through those first couple of days.  He said that he promised I would love the MTC and that it would be one of my favorite places every.  He told me that I would experience a miracles here at the mtc and that made me really excited:)  Jake Jarman is in my district, so that is pretty cool... hahah Jk, but one of the elders in my disrict is the twin of Jake Jarman.  He Looks like him.  He talks like him and he has the exact same personality as him.  I have never met anyone who is as similar to another person.  It is crazy. Also do you remember Elder Woodward.  His twin is also in my district so it is pretty gtreat to have these people in the district that I already know- haha.  My zone is pretty awesome and a have alot in common with the elder in the other districts.  I have gotten to know them pretty well while playing basketball with them.  When we do something awesome here in the MTC we say "Matandalo Hoy" (which literally  means "Killing it today")  It is pretty awesome.  Man! the MTC is the Best...It is just so fun and spiritual.  It is so great.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now.  To be honest that was not what I was thinking the first few days though.  I would have done anything to be in the ten hour car ride home with two screaming babies (not really but that was how it felt).  

The food is good,But I am hungry alot though so I have to eat snacks.  

We taught of first practice investigator on the second full day.  We didn't know any Spanish and we failed on the first couple of lessons.  Yesterday we taught our fourth  lesson about the restoration to Fernando our investigator.  It went so well.  I felt the spirit in that meeting so strong and it made me happier then I have ever been.  I was great.  I was blessed with the gift of tounges for sure.  There were words that came to my mind that I did even think that I know.  My companion and I were so happy and we immediately prayed after the lesson to give thanks to the Lord for how much he help us durring that lesson.  I really wanted to say --"matandalo hoy" during the lesson but I think that would have been inappropriate.  

The devotionals are great here and the spirit is so strong.  I have already started to learn that I am not here for myself.  I am here to bless the lives of the people around me and the people in Miexico.  Even though I am loving the MTC, I am excite for when it is time to go down toMexico  and experience all of that.  

What else...oh I am in choir.  Let me just say that again in case you didn't understand...I'm in choir and it is great, even though am am the worst singer in the history of the world.  Elder Holland and his son are coming Sunday for devotion and we are going to sing "Praise to the Man".  His son is the only one that is going to speak but I am sure he is just as good as his dad.  

I saw Jon, Janelle and Haley on Sunday and it was so great to see people that I knew.  We took a picture together...I'll send it to you.  I have seen alot of people I know from BYUI.  Life is good.  The Lords work is the most important work.  I am learning to be patient here in the mtc, but it is great.  "Patience is a process of perfection"

I am learning so much here and learning how much I don't know.  What I don't know doesn't matter though. Who I am and who I am becoming is more important then the scriptures that I know.  We can't invite others to come unto Christ unless we are already close to Christ.  I am growing closer to Christ everyday and it is the best thing ever!  

Tell Paul congrats on his mission call to Argentina 

My unit number is #857 and I leave the Mtc on March 17

 Please write me physical letters:) Dear Ellder works great in the MTC....it is great
 http://www.dearelder.com/index/inc_name/mission_selection/ Tell everyone to use that to write me in the MTC and select print it instead of email.  Letters would be awesome.  I love you so so so much

I love you all I have to go now but I will be on on Thursdays mostly at 10:00 to 11:00 to write emails.

I am so happy!!

Elder Quist

No comments:

Post a Comment